visit musarch.com
portions Copyright © 2011 by the Museum Archive software project ·  All Rights reserved ·  E-Mail: support@musarch.com
Home   |   By Name   |   By Keyword   |   By Category     
National Fire Heritage Register of New Zealand
National Fire Heritage Register of New Zealand
1944 Ford V8
  1. Details
  2. Images
  3. Notes

Details

Object ID 000062

Object Name 1944 Ford V8

Object Desc Reg No. AS2463

Collection Fire Services Historical Society (Inc,)

Accession # 62

Alternate ID AP1027

General Category Other Objects

Category Fire Appliances

Source

Source Category Collection

Accession Date JUN 1,1987

Credit/Acknowledgement

Location Hall of Flame - Christchurch

Object Date 1944

Start Year Range

End Year Range

Status 01 In Register

Object Keywords Fire Appliance,


Images

(click for full image)

Image Caption 1944 Ford V8

Description

Notes

Date AUG 31,2016

Notes 1963 - Sold to NZ Railways for £275. Went to Addington Workshops and underwent major body rebuild, cab fully enclosed and roof built over rear section. It was issued to Otira.


Date AUG 31,2016

Notes 1976 went to Shantytown until 1983


Date AUG 31,2016

Notes 1983 went to Stillwater where it was left outside


Date AUG 31,2016

Notes 1987 gifted to Fire Services Historical Society (Inc.)


Date SEP 1,2016

Notes 26th May 1942 - Ordered by Wanganui Fire Board from the Colonial Motor Company, Wellington. The body was built by Standard Motor Bodies Ltd, of Wellington and in total the vehicle cost £1,370. The coachbuilder's instructions were to match the body of the Dennis Lancetís New World body as much as possible. 1st July, 1944 - delivered and was commissioned a few days later. September 1944 - front doors retrofitted on each side as a safety feature with the work believed to have been carried out by A P Tonks of Wanganui. 1963 - Sold to NZ Railways for £275. Went to Addington Workshops and underwent major body rebuild, cab fully enclosed and roof built over rear section. It was issued to Otira. 1976 - it went to Shantytown until 1983. It then went to Stillwater where it was left outside. 1987 - it was gifted to the FSHS by the West Coast Fire Services Historical Society